Ethos & Values
School Motto: Believe & Achieve
Stroud Green Primary School, part of a richly diverse community, is a place where all children flourish in a safe, happy and stimulating environment.
We are keen to support our children in many aspects of their life to become confident and resilient young people.
We have very high expectations of children, families, governors and staff.
We want our children to...
- develop academically, creatively, physically, socially and emotionally,
- enjoy a broad, balanced and enriching curriculum,
- strive for high levels of educational achievement, and
- know that achievements are recognised and celebrated.
We underpin this with an environment where...
- personal responsibility, self esteem and concern for others is developed,
- cultural, social, religious and other diversities within our community are recognised, valued and celebrated,
- children know they are respected and cared for by teachers, peers, parents/carers, and
- children feel secure, know what is expected of them and understand that they will be supported in meeting life’s challenges.
Statement of Equality
• Everyone has rights and responsibilities.
• Everyone has equal value to “ourselves”.
• Everyone in school is valued and treated fairly.
• We respect each other's cultures, languages, ethnicity, appearance, age family, intellectual ability and aptitude, talents and religious beliefs.
• We will not tolerate anyone who disregards these values through sexism, racism or bullying in any way.